SIDNEY PUBLIC LIBRARY
May 10, 2021
Board Members Present: Jane Holechek, Chandra Weigle, Sandy White, Jen Ramsey and Shannon Smelley
Also Present: Richard Sandstrom, Stephanie Mika, Bridget Whittredge, Sandy Nelson and Eileen Nightingale.
Meeting called to order at: 4:00 pm.
Friends Report given by: Bridget
- Adopt a pot sign-up sheet is available for the planting event on May 15.
- Friends will have a meeting on May 17 to finalize plans for the SRP kickoff to be held June 5 from 11-1.
Approval of Minutes: A motion was made by Sandy to approve the minutes of the April 12, 2021 meeting. The motion was seconded by Shannon.
Financial Reports and Bills: A motion was made by Jen to approve the Bills for April 2021. The motion was seconded by Jane.
- The City has contracted a cleaning service to clean the city building and the library.
- E-rate has been completed.
- The bookmobile has had the marker lights new the top changed to LED
- Sandy made a motion to change the Library Services policy. We will change the wording to remove “or adjacent to” so that the line reads, “Residents are those who live in, own property in or attend a school district located in Cheyenne County, Nebraska.” Removal of Nebraskards may be used at the Sidney Public Library. The Motion was seconded by Shannon. Approved: ALL
- A motion was made by Jane to change the Library Collections policy to read:
The responsibility for the selection of library materials is delegated to the Library Staff. The motion was seconded by Jen. Approved: ALL
- There has been no information found through HR at the City offices regarding the evaluation process of the Director including staff input. The Board may solicit information from the staff.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING June 14, 2021
THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 4:30 .
Sidney Public Library
May 10, 2021
Board Members Present: Jane Holechek, Chandra Weigle, Shannon Smelley, Sandy White and Jen Ramsey
Also, Present: Richard Sandstrom, Stephanie Mika
Meeting called to order at: 4:35pm
Approval of Minutes: A motion was made by Sandy to approve the minutes of the April 12, 2021 meeting as corrected. The motion was seconded by Jane.
Financial Reports and Bills:
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: June 14, 2021.
THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 4:50pm