SIDNEY PUBLIC LIBRARY
April 12, 2021
Board Members Present: Jane Holechek, Chandra Weigle, Sandy White, Jen Ramsey and Shannon Smelley
Also Present: Richard Sandstrom, Stephanie Mika, Bridget Whittredge and Eileen Nightingale.
Meeting called to order at: 4:00 pm.
Friends Report given by: Bridget
- The Friends provided treats for National Library Workers week which was April 5 -10. Lunch was provided on April 6 for the staff.
- T-shirt fundraiser is going until April 30.
- Dolly Parton Imagination library is getting closer to their goal.
- Summer Reading Program kickoff and details will be announced when available.
- Friends will be partnering with the staff and patrons in the adopt a pot program.
- Quarterly newsletter was emailed out in April.
Approval of Minutes: A motion was made by Sandy to approve the minutes of the March 8, 2021 meeting. The motion was seconded by Shannon.
Financial Reports and Bills: A motion was made by Jen to approve the Bills for March 2021. The motion was seconded by Jane.
- Richard reported that the ALA organization & Personnel Management course he is taking is insightful. It requires weekly papers and discussion as well as reading and listening to lessons. He also learned that the director and staff should look over policies and make the necessary updates and then they will be presented to the Board for approval.
- The ILS is still having issues. Cataloguing is taking a lot longer with the newer version.
- The position of Adult Librarian/Bookmobile will be kept open until filled. Richard will begin calling and interviewing individuals for the position
- The staff is still cleaning the Library. The city is still looking to contract a service and it will include the library.
- The Bookmobile windshield was repaired and the vehicle and generator have been serviced.
- Jane made a motion to change the Holiday Closure Policy. The Library will observe the holiday schedule set by the City of Sidney. The Library may close early on the days preceding Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas,
and New Year’s Day. The Library will also close on:
the Saturday immediately following a City Holiday if it falls on a Friday
the Saturday immediately preceding a City Holiday if it falls on a Sunday or Monday. The Motion was seconded by Shannon. Approved: ALL
- Richard has been driving the bookmobile to the various stops.
- Richard made the adult book order last month. Books are ordered monthly. Eileen orders the children’s/YA/and Juvenile books the first week of the month and the adult books are ordered the 3rd week of the month.
- There was a discussion to allow staff to be involved in the Director evaluation. Chandra will speak to Human Resources to find out the procedure.
- Chandra would like to have an annual calendar made for the Board.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING May 10, 2021
THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 4:45
Sidney Public Library
April 12, 2021
Board Members Present: Jane Holechek, Chandra Weigle, Shannon Smelley, Sandy White and Jen Ramsey
Also, Present: Richard Sandstrom, Stephanie Mika and Eileen Nightingale
Meeting called to order at: 4:45pm
Approval of Minutes: A motion was made by Jane to approve the minutes of the March 8th, 2021 meeting. The motion was seconded by Sandy.
Financial Reports and Bills:
NEXT REGULAR MEETING: May 10, 2021.
THERE BEING NO FURTHER BUSINESS THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 4:50pm