Public Deliveries of Materials
Patrons must have their library card number, provide current address and telephone number. Patron account needs to be in good standing.
Deliveries in Sidney will be made midweek depending on weather. It is the current plan to leave the materials in plastic bags and knock but staff will not wait for an answer before leaving to prevent unnecessary contact. The library will make arrangements with residents outside of Sidney to provide them with materials. Materials will need to be returned to the library drop box. Library employees will not return materials when making deliveries.
For Immediate Release
Date: March 25, 2020
Contact: David Scott, Interim City Manager
City of Sidney Announces Closures, COVID-19/Coronavirus Update
Sidney Addresses COVID-19 Concerns; Library Offers Delivery, Golf Course To Open
The Sidney Mayor, City Council and City Administration want the public to know we continue to monitor federal, state and regional coronavirus updates and have chosen to enact the following precautionary actions:
• The Library will remain closed to walk in traffic until further notice; we will be providing book delivery to homes with a designated drop off for returning the books. If you have questions about this service, please call the Library at 308-254-3110.
• The Golf Course will be open from 10:00A.M. till dusk, starting Friday, Sunday, March 29, 2020 with the following safety measures.
Golfers should call ahead for all tee times. This allows golf course staff manage the amount of people in the golf shop and space out golfers appropriately.
Payment can be made at the pro shop but golfers are encouraged to pay ahead of time over the phone with credit or debit card to reduce interpersonal transactions.
Bar and restaurant area will be closed. Staff will go next door to get drinks for the course and bring them back to the pro shop.
Golf carts and pull carts will be sanitized after each use.
There will be no ball washers on the golf course.
Golfers should leave flags in place while putting to eliminate shared handling.
• The City Transit Shuttle Bus will not run until further notice.
• The City Transit Dial-A-Ride service will continue with extended hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The City Administration Building will continue to be closed to public walk-in traffic until further notice. Business may be conducted, and payments made through the drive-through window. Bills can also be paid online by visiting cityofsidney.org and clicking on the “Online Payments” tab
• The public may still conduct business with the City Inspector and City Economic Development Director by appointment only. Please call the City Office at 308-254-5300 to request an appointment
• The Landfill scale house will be closed until further notice and Saturday hours will be cancelled until further notice.
The City of Sidney if currently formulating a plan to address concerns regarding utilities being turned off for those who have been furloughed or had their work hours reduced due to COVID-19. However, as a matter of course, shut-off notices will still be sent out but will not be enforced while city staff creates a policy for this extraordinary situation. Citizens should be aware the City has no plans to forgive missed payments and encourages those adversely affected by the pandemic to apply for state benefits for which they are eligible.
Building closed to the public
Call in Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
1112 12th Ave.
P.O. Box 119
Sidney, NE 69162